About Stephen Lee
Stephen has a wealth of broadcasting experience in TV and radio newsrooms both in the UK and Australia, including the BBC, ITV, GMTV, Sky News, Network Ten, SBS and Reuters TV.
He is currently a freelance journalist in Sydney, working on World News Australia at SBS and at Thomson Reuters, covering Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific region.
For ten years, Stephen was a popular face of ITV News in the UK, presenting daily news programmes and bulletins, as well as being a TV reporter. He has pioneered online news, digital programme delivery, social media and viewer interactivity. He’s been involved in media training, award ceremonies and event hosting. His voiceover work includes being selected as a voice of the BT national telephone network in the UK.
"Professional approach to his role. Having been successful on both sides of the camera, he brings real “game” to his position. Leads with authority as a Supervising Producer but most importantly, happily delegates and takes a variety of views on board, with a view to having the best possible product go to air. Stephen knows how to work in a relaxed, controlled manner which puts all around him at ease. A pleasure to work with and alongside and would happily do so anytime."
Frank Coletta, News Presenter/Reporter, Network Ten
- World News Australia in 30 mins! Some great stories in there - I'm tweaking the scripts, Lee Lin is in makeup, see you at 6.30pm on #sbs one,
- BREAKING: Helicopter rescue begins for scientists and expedition members aboard Akademik Shokalskiy in Antarctic - includes Australians,
- Phew - Moomba in SA hits 49.3C at 1430 today..... we'll be reporting on all the hotspots in World News Australia at 1830 on #SBS,
- Things said in the studio during the commercial break: "Are you suggesting my curly bits are hanging out?" But WHO said it?,
- 5 mins to air! Lee Lin having last minute lippy. World News Australia at 6.30pm on SBS One.,