About Stephen Lee
Stephen has a wealth of broadcasting experience in TV and radio newsrooms both in the UK and Australia, including the BBC, ITV, GMTV, Sky News, Network Ten, SBS and Reuters TV.
He is currently a freelance journalist in Sydney, working on World News Australia at SBS and at Thomson Reuters, covering Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific region.
For ten years, Stephen was a popular face of ITV News in the UK, presenting daily news programmes and bulletins, as well as being a TV reporter. He has pioneered online news, digital programme delivery, social media and viewer interactivity. He’s been involved in media training, award ceremonies and event hosting. His voiceover work includes being selected as a voice of the BT national telephone network in the UK.
"Stephen is an outstanding colleague and team player. A first class journalist with a matchless energy, tenacity and flair and a determination to constantly find new and innovative ways of improving the output. In the process he’s always friendly, unfailingly polite and very supportive to this around him, whatever his own workload."
Neil Thompson, Managing Editor, ITV Transformation, ITV
- Indonesia executes 6 people, golfer Robert Allenby kidnapped/beaten in Hawaii. Plus the pin-ups for our migrant history. World News now!,
- 10 year old murders two in shocking terrorist video. News on the GP co-payment. And postcode lottery for cheap petrol. SBS World News 1830,
- World News Australia in 30 mins! Some great stories in there - I'm tweaking the scripts, Lee Lin is in makeup, see you at 6.30pm on #sbs one,
- BREAKING: Helicopter rescue begins for scientists and expedition members aboard Akademik Shokalskiy in Antarctic - includes Australians,
- Phew - Moomba in SA hits 49.3C at 1430 today..... we'll be reporting on all the hotspots in World News Australia at 1830 on #SBS,